Friday, April 9, 2010

She has a name!

FINALLY decided on her name: SERAFINA INA SHARKEY

SERAFINA: Not sure why I'm drawn to European names given my Native American roots ;> but there it is. I was scrolling through Italian names when I came across Serafina. I loved the lyrical sound of it. My dad is also pleased as it happens to be an old-school biblical name: stems from Seraphim ~ the highest order of angels. win-win. ;)

INA: After Ina Dean, the mother of my Stepfather, Rich. Ina was the nicest, most giving, kindest, and fun person, not to mention best euchre partner, I've had the pleasure of knowing. I only wish I could have known her better and for a longer time. I am proud and honored to name my daughter after such a great woman.


Serafina is quite a mouthful for a 2 year old, so Madeleine has coined the special Big Sister nickname of 'Fina'.
However, we hope everyone else will call Serafina by her full name as we love her complete name and aren't so fond of the shorter versions. :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Emily, you are a rock star!! I love hearing your stories about how short the labor is. That's awesome!! Welcome Serafina and congrats to you all!!

Holly

-Sarah- said...

Emily,
I think SERAPHINA is a GORGEOUS name. It flows off the tongue so beautifully, like a song!
I love love love it!!
You look amazing, and from the photo, Seraphina looks like a little beauty!! Can't wait to see more pics!!
xx
Sarah (Nahary)